Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My daughter is a Rock Star!!

My daughter turned 6 a couple of weeks ago and she picked a party that was very fun!  Bella came to me and said she wanted a Hannah Montana party and I love themed parties but sometimes I feel as if characters like Hannah Montana get used a little too much.  I talked to my daughter and we agreed that a Rock Star birthday would be appropriate with some Hannah Montana mixed in.

I recently saw a blog post from Hostess with the Mostess where a valentine's party was being featured and it included a rock - n - roll sign that said: "Love Rocks!" and I instantly knew it would be wonderful for my party.  I emailed Piggy Bank Parties and requested a custom banner to say:  Bella Rocks!.  They got back to me right away and that was the start of the party.

I decided to make cake pops, popcorn, marshmallow pops and a guitar cake but I also decided it would be nice to serve rock candy, pop rocks and sixlets.  The kids had a great time filling their chinese take out boxes with the special treats and the box already had 80's sunglasses, roll on body glitter, lip gloss, temporary tatoos and some chocolate candies in it.

The kids played dress up with several shoes and clothes that I provided.  They actually had so much fun doing this that we didn't get to play any other games.
Needless to say, this party ROCKED!!


I can't believe I forgot to put the cupcakes out on  the right to make my table complete.  Maybe I will find a pic that someone took.






4 comments: